Chief General Counsel - Auckland
As a customer led organisation, BNZ is at the forefront of challenging the norm and creating the products, services and tools that will change the way our customers think of a bank.
To support a new strategic direction, implemented by a newly appointed CEO and executive team, we have an exciting leadership opportunity for a dynamic senior legal professional to take the reins of our experienced legal team as they navigate a changing environment.
About the Role
As a strategic legal professional and engaging people leader you will take an already high performing internal legal team and the delivery of outstanding service, support and advice across the business to the next level.
- BNZ is changing the way we work, from traditional to agile, from process driven to customer outcomes focused. We need a dynamic Chief Legal Counsel to support us in the Journey.
- We are all about Fast and Simple and the legal team must be at the forefront of delivering early and valuable engagement across the business to facilitate great outcomes.
- You will be providing strategic legal advice to all layers of the business - from the Boardroom to the front line.
Our team believe in leading by example, so an appetite to actively deliver meaningful change across the business through thought leadership, simplification and pragmatism will be key attributes.
As a responsive and aspirational leader, you will naturally be curious and aspirational. You will have a wide world view with the ability to see the connections that will assist BNZ to drive meaningful strategic outcomes.
You'll be a forward thinker who understands the challenges created through a changing digital environment where regulation, customer protection, new products and the future of technology collide.
Working Flexibly at BNZ
We're committed to creating an energising workplace for our people and offer a variety of different flexible working arrangements to enable us to be our best inside and outside of work, while still delivering for our customers. Talk to us about how we can make this role work for you.
Some of our other benefits include:
- Great staff banking benefits
- Generous leave entitlements - including flexible sick leave and domestic leave
- Option to purchase an additional 1-2 weeks annual leave
- Discretionary performance incentive schemes
- Flexible working options
Want to be part of enabling a high achieving New Zealand? Apply now!