Chief Compliance Officer - Auckland
- Pivotal leadership role across risk and compliance
- Globally recognised business in substantial growth mode
- Executive leadership package on offer
- Auckland location
Are you a process driven and talented Legal Compliance Expert who can take our clients legal and compliance focus into the future, ensuring processes and standards of compliance are well thought out, thorough and meet regulatory guidelines?
Our client is a globally recognised powerhouse in the IT and securities industry and take compliance, risk mitigation and adhering to regulatory standards of practice very seriously. To maintain this, they are now looking for a leader in this space, ideally from the IT / IT Security sector to join them in this newly created role.
Taking on this position, you'll be responsible for:
- Oversight and administration of Corporate Compliance and Risk program for our client including development of new initiatives and best practices (e.g., ethics trainings, corporate compliance helpline, legal and regulatory compliance risk assessments and setting of risk frameworks
- Advise and communicate to employees and the board on corporate ethics and key areas of regulatory compliance.
- Ongoing risk assessments in key areas of compliance (e.g., conflicts of interest, anti-corruption, fraud), Utilising electronic methods and in-person meetings with management and senior leadership.
- Provide ethics and compliance guidance to employees at all levels of the organization, utilizing regulatory guidance, and accepted industry and corporate practices.
- Coordination of internal investigations and compliance matters, utilizing key areas of expertise such as Human Resources, Finance and Legal, etc.
- Development of compliance and ethics related policies and procedures
- Development and administration of communications and ethics culture efforts to ensure that senior leadership and employees understand their regulatory and compliance obligations.
- Maintaining knowledge and awareness of industry best practices to identify trends and ensure that the compliance program meets and exceeds business requirements and standards under local statutory laws
- Ongoing reporting and updates to the board and other members of the senior leadership team to review progress, key risk areas and ensure improvement in recommend areas are adhered to.
- Drafting and updating compliance and legal precedents in accordance with regulatory and legislative changes
- Assisting the company directors in the preparation of various legal documents and agreements.
- Preparing and filing of statutory forms for the company
- Attending investors meeting with directors
You are a seasoned professional with a Tertiary Qualification in Finance, Law, an MBA or equivalent with significant proven experience in a senior legal compliance role. You have a demonstrable understanding of IT compliance, systems, controls and challenges and are able to establish a compliance training program to ensure internal audit, investigation and resolutions are carried out promptly and professionally. You have a solid understanding of NZ IT based law and your analytical skills mean you are able to uncover risk to our client's business, and provide sound advice to the board on next steps.
You are a highly driven, motivated and commercially astute practitioner with an exceptional eye for detail. You are able to prioritise outcomes in a fast-paced dynamic environment and have strong communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills. You are able to influence key stakeholders to follow due process and are able to engage with them to understand the consequences of not doing so.
What's in it for you?
This is a newly created, pivotal leadership position within our clients' business where your expertise will be valued and called upon at all stages of the business lifecycle.
If you'd like to work for a NZ business taking the world by storm, don't delay, apply now in strict confidence. You'll be rewarded with an extremely attractive salary package and the ability to influence at all levels.
To apply for this job go to: "talentpropellerjobs.co.nz" & enter ref code: 4470046.
Applications close 14 December 2018