Assistant Legal Counsel - Christchurch
Foodstuffs South Island Limited is a major wholesaling and retailing cooperative providing a high level of service to our members - PAK’nSAVE, New World, Four Square, Henry’s, Raeward Fresh, On The Spot, and to Trents customers.
Due to an increasing workload we have this unique opportunity to join Foodstuffs South Island Limited as Assistant Legal Counsel, reporting to the Legal Counsel & Company Secretary.
This role will be to assist the Legal Counsel & Company Secretary in providing timely and expert commercial legal advice and services to departments within Foodstuffs South Island and its subsidiary companies, as well as to help Foodstuffs South Island meet its legal requirements while achieving its strategic objectives and identifying and helping manage legal risk.
Skills & Experience required:
- Relevant tertiary legal qualification (LLB)
- 2-3 years high quality general commercial legal experience
- High level of initiative and self-motivation, with an ability to work in a team environment or independently
- An ability to look at the big picture, recognise business legal risk and opportunities, provide innovative solutions and think outside the square!
- To assist the Legal Counsel & Company Secretary:
- in providing comprehensive legal and company secretarial support and guidance to the Board of Directors; and
- in ensuring Foodstuffs South Island complies with all relevant statutory and regulatory requirements
- Provide Foodstuffs with general constructive legal advice and prepare legal documentation regarding Joint Ventures, liquor licencing, financing, tenders, leases, employment matters and various other agreements
- Contribute to the achievement of Foodstuffs South Island’s Strategic Objectives
This role would suit someone wanting a challenging but equally rewarding position with one of the
South Islands largest companies. Please submit your application online, in strict confidence. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact our HR Department on 03 353 8700
Foodstuffs South Island Limited has an active Drug and Alcohol policy.
Overseas applicants must hold a New Zealand Citizenship, New Zealand Permanent Residency or a
Valid New Zealand Work Permit
Applications close: 17th October 2018