ILANZ Satellite Network Launch - Navigate
NAVIGATE is a new ILANZ satellite network that has been developed to support in-house commercial counsel who have a cross-border element to their practice.
Membership is targeted to ILANZ members working in a commercial business environment - primarily private sector entities - where that entity has global reach (e.g. through business location, manufacturing location or key customer, supplier or investor location) or some other global dimension (e.g. existing or potential overseas investment).
The brainchild of the Fonterra legal team, the network will be a forum for knowledge sharing amongst entities with global interests which could benefit from Fonterra’s and other in-house teams’ expertise, experience, resources, and contacts.
Stay tuned for regular events during the course of the year and join the Navigate group on LinkedIn.
Proposed benefits of the Network include:
- Building capability within in-house legal teams
- Knowledge share and training opportunities (including earning CPD hours where appropriate)
- Access to people and expertise
- Access to global office space for meetings (through other members/associated foreign law firms)
- Access to documents / templates / guidance notes etc.
- Access to foreign lawyer relationships
- Potential secondments between teams and job openings (including offshore)
- Sharing of in-house practice management expertise and legal industry innovation
- Regular events / roundtable forums
- A general line of communication to members for advice and collaboration
- Identifying and advocating on key issues on behalf of the membership
- Benefits flowing to NZ Inc. – capability improvements within in-house teams making for a better overall experience for those doing business with NZ companies (i.e. bad experiences affect everyone!)
The launch of NAVIGATE is being held at the Fonterra Centre Auditorium on Thursday, 15 February 2018 from 5.00pm to 7.30pm.
Komal Mistry: Komal is the General Manager of Fonterra Ventures responsible for building new revenue streams globally for Fonterra. This involves generating future growth opportunities for the business through a diverse range of sourcing levers such as external partnerships, pursuing strategic investments and building internal ventures. Komal has been with Fonterra since 2011 and previously held roles in the Co-operative’s consumer business in New Zealand. Prior to joining Fonterra, Komal worked for Deloitte across both the London and New Zealand offices. She has completed the Executive Program at Stanford University School of Business and holds a Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Management degree from the University of Waikato. Komal is a Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand as well as a member of the New Zealand Institute of Chartered Accountants. She was recently named New Zealand’s Young Executive of the Year in the 2017 Deloitte Top 200 Awards.
Carl MacInnes: Carl is the Director of Sales and Marketing Disruption at Fonterra, the world’s largest dairy exporter. He supports the building of billion dollar brands by introducing neuromarketing practices in key global markets as part of his role. His work focuses on a wide range of neuroscience based methodologies from predictive markets to complex behavioural analyses, in-store observations, problem detection, digital virtual shopping simulations and physiological measures. Carl is the co-author of Shopper Marketing: Neuromarketing Strategies to Win the Battle at the Shelf.
Plus take the opportunity to explore Fonterra’s new activity based working environment and connect with your in-house peers over drinks and nibbles.
To view the invite, click here.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Navigate launch.